February 5, 2021
It’s that time of year again! This Sunday, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers take on the Kansas City Chiefs in Tampa Bay, Florida. Though this year’s Big Game looks a little different this year, there is one thing that remains the same Game Day food.
If you are looking for new recipes this Game Day, look no further. Our EP team has got you covered, check out some of our favorites below.
1. Paula’s Big Game Appetizer
Baked Cheddar & Parmesan Crisps Recipe
SCD & Keto Friendly
▪ 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
▪ 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
▪ 1 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Calories: 152 | Fat: 11g | Total Carbs: 1g | Net Carbs: 1g | Sugar: 0.1g | Protein: 11g
2. Paula’s Chicken Wings Appetizer
3 LBS. Chicken Wings (split wings from drumsticks, cut off wing tips and discard.) (I buy the “party wings” at my local grocery store which are already split and tips removed, 3 packs are about 3 pounds of wings.)
10 oz. Soy Sauce Bottle
11 oz. Dark brown sugar (taste the sauce and can add more if you want them even sweeter)
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
1. Stir the soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic powder together in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until the sugar melts completely. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the wings and toss to coat evenly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Allow chicken to marinate in refrigerator overnight or at least 8 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Pour the chicken wings and marinade into a 9×13-inch baking dish or foil pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until thoroughly hot, about 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking another 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and drain most of the sauce leaving just a little coating on the bottom of pan.
3. Tom’s Legendary Super Bowl Sunday Chili
2 ½ lb. lean chuck, ground
1 package (16 oz) Johnsonville HOT Italian ground* sausage
1 package (16 oz) Johnsonville SWEET Italian ground* sausage
( *you may replace with a 19 oz Johnsonville 5-link package, if ground is not available)
1 cup finely chopped onion
2 cans 8 oz. Hunt’s Tomato SAUCE
1 can 6 oz. Hunt’s Tomato PASTE
6 tablespoons Golden Blossom Honey
3 bottles Miller High Life (12 oz.)
4 Tablespoons chili powder
2 Tablespoons instant beef bouillon (or 6 cubes)
2 Tablespoons cumin, ground
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons oregano leaves
4 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon coriander, ground
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
5 teaspoons Tabasco hot sauce
1 teaspoon Cinnamon – Hold for later
3 tablespoons Gold Medal WONDRA quick-mixing flour – Hold for later
2 cans BUSH’s Honey Baked Beans – Optional
Chili toppings to put out “on the side” ( optional)
4. Stephen’s Chilli n Cheese Dip
1 can Hormel chili (no beans)
1 package of Philly cream cheese
1 package Mexican cheese blend
Scallions diced in a deep oven safe bowl, line the bottom of the bowl with chunks of Philly cream cheese. Pour over the Hormel chili evenly top with Mexican cheese blend. Warm in the oven about 15 minutes until all is melted and gooey. Sprinkle with diced scallions and serve.
5. Cardin’s Pimento Cheese Wontons (makes 24)
For the Won Tons:
For the Pimento Cheese: